Friday, April 3, 2015

Beerbrella



Worried your beer might get warm and/or not to your temperature liking because of the sun? Have no fear, the Beerbrella is here.
Claim #1: 
An apparatus for use with a beverage container, comprising: 
a means for removably attaching the apparatus to the beverage container; 
a share, coupled to the means for removably attaching the apparatus, and extending vertically with respect to the beverage container; 
an umbrella, coupled to the shaft at a point above the means for removably attaching, so as to shade the beverages container 

What did I understand the claim to be? 
  • An apparatus, that you can attach to your container 
  • You can adjust the height of apparatus 
  • Your'e able to remove the attachment to the container 
ANALYSIS: 

Novel? 
  • I've seen nothing of it's kind; focusing on something like this would allow it to get patented. There are thermoses and other things, but nothing of this caliber for your beverage containers. 
Prior Art? 
  • Difficult to find prior art. 
Non-Obvious? 
  • Umbrella manufacturers would not have thought to use their design specifically for beer or beverages (Umbrellas in alcoholic drinks are usually decorative elements)
  • There are methods to keep drinks cold/hot - aka thermos 
Overall Impressions? 
  • ...Why?? 
  • Is this necessary? 

1 comment:

  1. Great choice of patent I actually did the same one! I wouldn't mind having a beerbrella actually, looks kinda fun. Quite obvious if you look at umbrellas or small decorative ones but hey it does serve a utilitarian purpose

    ReplyDelete