Friday, April 17, 2015

Embrace the Remix



Remix: Copy, Transform & Combine

  • Take existing, transform, combine; new song is clearly comprised of old songs 
  • Basic elements of all creativity 
Song Comparisons: 
  • Basic melodies 
    • 2/3 of Bob Dylan's melodies were borrowed 
  • Similar lyrics 
"Build on the Work of Others v. Property"
  • Examples: Music, Steve Job's multi-touch ("And boy have we patented it") 
    • Multi-touch isn't completely new 
  • 80s didn't have software patents 
Loss Aversion: 
  • Protecting what we feel is our's 
  • No aversion to what others have 
Relatable? 
  • Improvements on new things, ex: we kept looking at different coffee sleeves 

3 comments:

  1. I really liked your structure for analyzing these videos! it was super clear and coherent way of understanding the video and getting your thoughts. I particularly liked your "Relatable?" ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super. Clear. Thanks so much - its a lot easier for me to understand bullet points than it is for me to read enormous paragraphs. Nice job on hitting all the important stuff. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kimberly, I really liked how clear your analysis and analyzation of the video. I think you broke up the main points in a very succinct way. In particular, I really like how you had subsections that kept your thoughts very organized. Great post.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete