Thursday, April 30, 2015

Socia Media Learning (Career)


Personally, the skills learned in this class will greatly help the career that I want to pursue in life. I want to enter the field of marketing: 
  • Specializing in the digital age through analytics, social media, e-marketing, ect. 
  • Skills learned in class solidify & give me first hand understanding of the tools that I use to track user interaction, effective posting 
Furthermore, it allows me to have a sort of “online presence”. I alluded to this in my past video, but this is an image that I am creating in a positive environment - these are blogs and videos that show my intelligence, research and synthesis skills. This is an environment that I created, if employers research me online, they can see the ideas and thoughts that I have presented. 

The knowledge I’ve gained in this class further solidify my own understanding of how to use these applications for marketing and what to look for for effective analysis of these tools. 

I would recommend this class, for not only teaching invaluable skills, collaborative discussion and a thoughtful environment - but for being a class where the students are ultimately able to shape and learn something prevalent and relevant to the semester they take the class. 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kimberly,

    I like how you split your post into applications of social media learning in the realms of career and class. I agree that a social media presence is extremely important and is continuing to grow in importance as employers continue to emphasize "fit."

    I'm glad that you mentioned the development of an online presence in a professional, intelligent manner. I never thought about it in this way until Tal mentioned it in class last week and I realize I should've taken this opportunity to expand my own online presence.

    I think you can improve by adding more analysis of the "skills" and "tools" you used. I would have loved a discussion of Google analytics or YouTube analytics to back up your points.

    I've learned a lot from you this semester, because you tackle real-life applications of the class material!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kimberly,

    Great blog post. As needed from a good blog post it is succinct and to the point. I alluded to this in my posts as well, but it is worth reinforcing. Prof. Lavian's pushing us to get onto twitter and publish intellectual posts really shifted my paradigm on social media and how it should be used. Not only does it put a better image of yourself out there, as you say in this post, but it also gets you super comfortable with using social media in a productive manner.

    I also highly recommended this class to my friends for the same reasons and especially for the online collaborative nature of our assignments, I learnt a bit from my own research, a lot from Prof. Lavian, and even more from everyone else in the class! and THAT is what we should be working towards in all of our working environments!

    Great job and I wish you the best of luck in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there!

    Great job on segmenting this into your future career. I enjoyed hearing more about your career aspirations, and how this class can help you to achieve your goals in the future. Good to see that classes like these make our education worthwhile because it is so important to be able to do that in the future with the application of our skills that we have learned in the past. Overall, I agree that the social media presence is so important to everything we do, and that it really can impact our future careers and aspirations, especially if people are entering marketing similar to what you are doing.

    Glad to see this class is helping you on our goals for your career!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked that you talked about how the content from this class and what skills you developed in this class will personally help you in the field of marketing. Since I have absolutely no clue what goes into marketing, I appreciated that you spent a bit of time explaining how exactly the skills you learned are applicable to you personally. This post was a very interesting read into the subject, thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I like how you break up the blog posts into career and class. Not many people did it in that way. I didn't realize it until you mentioned it but these blogs post will actually help some people find jobs. Not for me in particular cus I'm headed into software, but in general I think it will help me find a job in the sense it will better prepare me for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kimberly, I think you're right about the way that developing our social media presence will have long-term benefits for us. I am thinking about how I'm going to continue to build my online presence. How are you planning to continue showing your abilities online once the class ends?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kimberly,

    I have spoken about this at length in one of my posts, but even though many of us entered the class unsure of whether it would benefit us, I think many of us ended up in the same boat as you. It's awesome that this class will benefit you in your future career choice and that it will help you foster an "online presence" through all the videos and blogs that we have put out throughout the semester. This issue is definitely true, and will help all of us out in various ways, no matter what we end up doing.

    Best,
    Paras Majmundar

    ReplyDelete